Tuesday, July 13, 2010

July Garden Tour by Way of Videos

I've been wanting to give y'all a video tour for a few months now, but wanted to wait until all the plants were up and growing...

These were the first takes, so I have to apologize in advance for them being so shaky and for the blurry "close-ups." Let me know if you have trouble viewing them or with this post loading. I didn't realize the video file size would be so large.

Video 1 is of the containers...

Video 2 is of the "square foot garden" raised beds and salad table...

Video 3 is of the raised beds along the deck and the rest of the yard...

Hope you enjoyed! On Friday I'll share a few picture updates with you as well.

6 comments:

  1. Lovely video! I LOVE seeing other people's gardens - I spotted a neighbor several houses down that has a garden (nobody around here does so I was very curious), so I climbed on top my pergola with binoculars LOL! It's the gardener's version of going through someone's medicine cabinet hahaha! All your containers are so lush and green with no sunburn! And the acorn squash with fruit and doesn't look like a jungle? I am amazed! And that area does look like a great one for a coop! Thanks for the tour!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great videos! Your melon plant looks very happy, as do your sweet peppers. Is the Viva Italia a determinate tomato? I can't wait to see a chicken coop between the cherry tree and the compost bin :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great videos! However...you sure do talk funny...hehe...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Erin~ That is too funny! But I'm always craning my head out the back windows to see what everyone else has going on in their yards too. I'm the only one with veggies that I've seen... I started the acorn squash late, so it's still revving up to jungle status (I hope) LOL.
    ----
    Clare~ Viva Italia is determinate. I needed to keep the tomatoes on the shorter side (DH's request). Only problem is they really grow *out* all over the place.

    ReplyDelete
  5. EG~ Thanks! HA! Get a few beers in me and a little sass, and that there southern drawl will come out for sure. ;-) A mixed blessing of growing up so close to the Mason Dixon Line?

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful tour! It shows so much more than the occasional garden photo, your yard, garden and containers are all so very pretty!

    ReplyDelete